Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Beach

The beach is probably my favorite place to be. I love the smell of the air, the sand between my toes and the crashing of the waves. My sister lives down in Long Beach WA and at one point of my life I did as well.
I still enjoy escaping to the small secret places that only the "locals" know about. Getting away from the television, cell phones and computers is a must for me. Don't we all need to escape reality once in awhile? The day this picture was taken there was not a cloud in the sky, just a slight breeze and warm enough to wear shorts. This was just about the most perfect day you could ask for down on the Washington coast. There aren't many of these days so i cherished every minute of it.


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Your weekend sounded really nice and relaxing. It's good to just getaway for a while.

Tamara said...

This sounds so heavenly right now! I've never been on a vacation...but even a one day get away from all the hustle and bustle sounds grand. :) Youre so blessed!